The Media and Folder box

Started by JoeHolzwurm, June 27, 2013, 07:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeHolzwurm

In the media and folder box I get a tree of all my directories:
- The main node is the database node.
- The second node is the drive.
- Then I get my directories with photos.

I just can open one database at the same time and so the database node is not necessary but needs place in the box. Even if I could open several database I just would use 1.
My photo directories are all on the same drive and so the second node is not necessary for me as well.

If I could define a lets call it root project directory IMatch could show me the directories below this project path and make the other nodes invisible. With one (or two) icons in the header of this box I could switch between the root project directory view and the full view.
Perhaps it would be good to define a root project path and a project path and with three icons I can switch between the "full" view, the root path and a project path. With this functionality I could make a lot of directories temporarily invisible to work with a special project or with all directories. With the icons I could switch very fast between my actual project and all photos of all directories.

Mario

The database root node is important because it allows you to perform certain tasks on the entire database.

Tip: You can use the folder filter to hide folders by certain attributes (e.g. remote or off-line folders, empty folders) and you can use the search and filter commands to quickly locate a given folder even in trees with thousands of entries.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

JoeHolzwurm

My idea was to hide the unnecessary nodes.

I also saw the filter but I think I cannot make the same than with my idea.