Where is the french language ?

Started by emef, July 31, 2020, 08:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emef

Hello everyone
since the last update, I no longer have the possibility of putting the IMatch interface in French (by the option on the line under "Preference.
I guess I missed something, I only have a choice between German, English, Dutch and Portuguese. Windows 10 (2004) up to date... I don't understand  :o? Thanks in advance.

Mario

Hi,

IMatch is translated by volunteers.
I do the English and German language versions. Mees (thanks) does the Dutch version. Josè (thanks) does the Portuguese version.

All other translations started by volunteers (including the French translation) were abandoned and went out-of-sync with the product over time. So I decided to remove them when IMatch 2020 was released. The only actively maintained translations currently are Dutch, Portuguese and German.

I would be real happy to see IMatch in more languages, but it is virtually impossible to do it without volunteers.
I've asked for some quotes from quite 'cheap' translation services. But the quotes vary between 10,000€ and 30,000€ - for a single language! Plus ongoing cost for each update...
I cannot afford that, I'm not Adobe or Apple or Microsoft. Sorry.

IMatch comes with a very comfortable translator which even supports AI-based machine translation if I enable it for your account. There is also a translator for IMatch apps but there is very little interest. Most people seem to use the English version.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

emef