Refrash Map during browsing pictures in Viewer

Started by mastodon, May 17, 2020, 10:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastodon

I have a two monitor system. On the main I use IMatch File window and other panels, on the second I use the Map panel, separeted. If I browsing pictures in the File window the Map panel always freshes the map, so the marker shows the location of the current picture. But this is not the case if I browsing pictures in the Viewer, it stays at the first pictures coordinates. Certainly, if I manually refresh the Map panel, it shows the coordinates of the actual picture.
I would like the Map panel refresh, if I move to the next image in Viewer. So, in that way I would see all infos of a picture by browsnig in Viewer. Some info in the Viewer, and the location in the separeted Map panel. I am thinking about make the second monitor as a separeted "info toolbox"/dashboard with undocking more panels.
(Now I see, that any undocket panels does not refresh. Why not refresh all of them?)

Mario

This will not be possible.
The Viewer does not change the "focused" file in the active file window when you navigate. Only when you leave the Viewer with one of the options to change the focused file to the last viewed file. The Viewer does not know anything about the Map panel or other panels you have open. The panel updates are controlled via the file window, and it makes no sense to change the file window contents and all panel contents when you switch between files in the viewer. In 99% of all use cases, the Viewer hides the file window anyway.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

mastodon

"In 99% of all use cases, the Viewer hides the file window anyway."
I understand! Might you have suggestion, hogy to see a picture AND it location on map at the same time? Or it is not a frequent demand, that is why it is not a feature for that.

Mario

Make the Preview Panel really big? Or move it to your second monitor? Then you can see both a large version of an image and its position on the map.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

mastodon

Make the Preview Panel really big and move it to your second monitor. That sounds good. I give it try!
Thanks