User Gallery: A Quick way to add known faces to images via the Viewer

Started by Jingo, March 02, 2020, 04:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jingo

So.. just discovered something that isn't detailed in the help file (unless I missed it)... using USER Annotations to quickly assign faces in the viewer.

Let's say you run face detect across a group of images and it only marks 2 of 3 faces in the image.  You can go ahead and draw a face box, assign a person to the face and rinse/repeat across the image and or future images.  However, another method is to save the person region to the User Gallery. 

Right click a known face in the viewer and choose the "Save to Gallery Option".  You can name the file with the name of the person and it will then show a thumbnail in the User toolbar for that person.

The next time you have an image that the system did not provide a face box for (or if you just want to manually do so), click the person, resize/move the box over the face and voila... the system will now assign the person to the image.  You can do this with as many folks you would like... I find it a bit easier and faster than creating a box and hitting F2 to choose the person... just click, drag and done!

Enjoy!!

hluxem

You can also copy and paste multiple annotations from one image to the other. I found that very efficient for similar pictures with the same persons.

Heiner

Mario

This is a normal feature of annotations. Copy & Paste may be quicker, but you can also add annotations (including face annotations) to the user gallery.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Jingo

I'll admit... I never used annotations in IMatch before.. heck - I never really used the Viewer either finding the Preview Panel to be quite sufficient with a dual 34" monitor setup.  Now that I'm using the Face Recognition features regularly and thus having to use the Viewer to confirm, etc... I'm running into a lot of things that I haven't seen before.

Mario

May be worth your time to give the Viewer help another look, for a refresher The Viewer
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook