Face Recognition: difference "Not this person" and "Reject Faces..."

Started by abgestumpft, March 28, 2020, 08:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abgestumpft

Hi,

I'm currently working a lot on Faces and want to get rid of false-assignments of Persons.

I can do that for each image in the Viewer and do that via F2 -> "Not this Person"-Icon.
Then the name disappears and is replaced by a "?" (dark red background)

When I'm in People Tab on a persons name I can also select multiple images and do "Reject Faces..." from the Menu.
Then the Persons name is replaced also by "?" (grey/black backgound) and the face box is marked with one crossed green line.

My question:
What is technically the difference between "Not this Person" and "Reject Faces..." ?

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

abgestumpft

Ok thanks. Is there a reason why the face annotation looks different afterwards?
Left "Not this person" vs. right "Reject Faces..." (see attachment)

They also seem to behave different:

1.Left "Not this person"
Here I can click on the "?" right away and assign a new person -> OK

2.right "Reject Faces..."
When I click on the "?" afterwards and assign a name, the black background of the "?" turns into a green background (I think changed already during the click, but still showing a "?" instead of the manually assigned name. When I then go back and forth in the Viewer there is still a "?" shown (red backround) -> looks like the box in "1." -> now I can assign a name which is working.

Mario

I cannot reproduce this.

The single slash means that this face annotation is not linked to a face record (no face fingerprint).
When you shift the annotation it should find a face and remove the slash?

But I cannot produce this result when I reject a face in the Viewer via "Not this person" from the menu, or by clicking the "Reject" icon in the Person Selector.
And neither in the People View when I use the "Reject Faces" from the File Window context menu.

Which commands do you use exactly, and in which order?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

abgestumpft

Quote from: Mario on March 29, 2020, 11:02:40 AM
I cannot reproduce this.
The single slash means that this face annotation is not linked to a face record (no face fingerprint).
When you shift the annotation it should find a face and remove the slash?
Yes, when I move the annotation a little bit it will try to redetect the persons and afterwards the slash is removed and either a new persons name shown or the "?"

QuoteBut I cannot produce this result when I reject a face in the Viewer via "Not this person" from the menu, or by clicking the "Reject" icon in the Person Selector.
And neither in the People View when I use the "Reject Faces" from the File Window context menu.
Which commands do you use exactly, and in which order?

For Scenario "Reject Faces" I use:
I'm in "People"-View and have one Person selected.
In Filter Panel I have activated a filter on "People - Files with unconfirmed Faces"
In the File browser I then select one ore more images that don't show the person I've selected
And then: Richt Click -> Face annotations and people -> Reject Faces -> Reject unconfirmed faces

For Scenario "Not this person" I use:
Open a File in the viewer
Click on the Suggested Name which openes the People Box (of the wrong suggestment) and then select from top right the "Not this Person" icon