Release notes: Search functionality

Started by thrinn, October 12, 2019, 10:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrinn

Mario,
the release notes contain valuable information, but there are already a lot of them. This is of course a good sign and shows how much IMatch has developed over the time. But it is tedious to find some information. For example, sometimes I have a vague memory that there was a change or enhancement at some point in time, but I have to select each version in turn to be able to find it.

Would it be possible to make the release notes searchable? One option would be a separate search field. The one at the top of the page does not find content in release notes. If this is too much work, it could help if we could not only select a single version but also "All IMatch releases" or "All IMatch Anywhere releases". Then one could use the browser search functionality. The resulting page with all IMatch release notes will of course be pretty long. I do not know if this may lead to practical problems.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

sinus

I "searched" twice or three times, as I can remember, the Release note.
One I found, the second not more, because I could not remember, what version it was and did simply not found it.

Hence I would like such a possibility.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Jingo

Maybe also allow the Release Notes to be viewable/searchable from a system APP?   Dump them all into a JSON file and away we go......   Happy to write this if you think it would be helpful and you are busy!   :-)

Mario

Looking at how often the release notes are viewed per month (even after a release), it makes no sense to invest any additional work into this feature.
Most people just don't care. When did you last read Lr or Ps or whatever RAW processor you use release notes...?

A dedicated app would be a waste of time, too.
Users just don't care. Setting up an app and keeping it compatible and running for years is an effort...

There is a neat app which allows you to follow this community directly in IMatch. I use it all the time so I can see if something new was posted. But not many other users use it.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook