Face Recognition: Imatch seems to do the recognition in background again

Started by voronwe, June 02, 2021, 11:51:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

voronwe

I have made a Face recognition on some files with people who are not in the Persons DB. They where recognised as the wrong person. So I set them to "Not this person", which shows a "?" on the person.
After a while I looked again in this image, and there is again a name on the person -> again a wrong one, because the correct person is not in the DB.
How can I avoid this recheck in Background? The person is unkown, because at this moment I simply do not know who this is. I have to do some additional research to find the Name.

My idea of setting it to "Not that person" is that in the End I have a list with unknown persons, which I can use for checking who this person is. But this will not work when IMatch tries again to find a person.
So how can I avoid this automatical update

Mario

Ignore the face. Or manually assign a person and confirm.

When you just reject a person, IMatch will try to find another match. This is how this should work.

See Face States
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

voronwe

Quote from: Mario on June 02, 2021, 02:31:30 PM
Ignore the face. Or manually assign a person and confirm.

Ok, so in my case it would be the best to set a Dummy Name for the person which can be changed later.

Is it possible to change the Tag of a person later or will this lead to inconsistencies?
Or otherwise: Is the Tag only used internally or will it be displayed somewhere (outside the Person Information)

Mario

Tags must be unique - this is how IMatch identifies persons.
You can change the person assigned to a face at any time - the IMatch AI will learn from that and re-assign unassigned or unconfirmed faces.
But  I'm repeating what's written in great detail in the People help topic. I can only highly recommend reading this help topic before starting working with face recognition and people. I guess most of your questions (like, why does IMatch assign a another person when I tell it "This is not that person") are answered there.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook