Categories View Tab Issues

Started by Darius1968, Today at 07:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

I have experimental features turned on, and I'm in Categories view, having problems with the four tabs - Properties, Builder, Category Filter, and Bookmarks: 
Specifically, any one of these four tabs - while auto-hide is not active - is locked at the top of the pain, and will not let me resize.  So, I can not see my category tree!  If auto-hide is on, then I can resize, but as soon as I turn off auto-hide, the memory of where I last positioned the tab is lost, and it now, once again, covers up my whole category tree.  What's wrong? 

Mario

Experimental mode does not affect the panel handling of the 3rd party user interface library.

I can resize both in docked and floating (auto-hide) mode and IMatch remembers the height after restart.

I don't understand exactly what you see from your description.
The additional panels in the category view have a height limit which ensures that at least a minimal part of the tree and the ribbon remain visible:

Image1.jpg

This is what I get when I try to make the child panels as big as possible. How does this look on your PC?

Maybe something in your workspace got broken. Reload your workspace from the View menu to reset everything back to the layout stored in the workspace.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Darius1968

Well, referring to your screenshot: 
If your installation is anything like mine, you will find that if you drag your Properties tab up - as far as it will go - to meet with the icon-controls of the Categories tab, then you will not longer be able to get the control handles with with to break it apart again - It is as if it has now been glued shut.  And, the only way to separate it again is to disable experimental features. 

Mario

This is as far as I can pull up the panels. The ribbon and a part of the tree always remains visible. I cannot pull it shut completely. This is in experimental mode.

You can pull the top of the panel and hide all of the tree and ribbon? With all panels (props, filter, ...)?
And in non-experimental mode you cannot?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Darius1968

In non-experimental mode:  Behavior is exactly the same as what you outline here for your experimental mode. 

In experimental mode:  I can pull the top of the panel up so that it hides all of my category tree, and touches the ribbon (not cover it).  At this point, the gluing effect has occurred, and I can no longer move the top of the panel. 

In Media & Folders view (experimental mode on):  Like in Categories view, I can drag the top of the panel to cover my folder tree and reach the ribbon (not cover it).  But, I can still, thereafter, move the top of the panel away from the ribbon again.