Unable with command Add or update folders to select multiple root level folders

Started by Steve01, May 04, 2018, 04:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve01

Hi,
How does one select multiple folders in the command Add or Update folders , as can be seen in the attached video, (swf which will play via an internet browser, file open and browse to it or even double click it ), selecting the second root level folder in the drive loses selection of first.
Obviously this is a test drive with just two root level folders but in reality there would be far more root level folders to select.

I can use windows to multiple select then drag drop but it is said one can select multiple folders this way as well in iMatch.

I thought I had posted a video of this and asked but cant find the post or attachment so excuse me if I did.

Steve01

sinus

Browse, choose a folder, say ok and

browse again ... at the end you have several lines, like in my attachement.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Steve01

Hi,
thanks, so if many folders its quicker to use windows then.

by the way did the swf play as useful to know easier to film screen with Jing than do printscreens !

Thanks

Steve01

Mario

Quote from: Steve01 on May 04, 2018, 04:53:48 PM
Hi,
How does one select multiple folders in the command Add or Update folders , as can be seen in the attached video, (swf which will play via an internet browser, file open and browse to it or even double

SWF (Shockwave Flash) is a highly dangerous video formats. I don't even have Adobe Flash player installed anymore. Flash is dead.
Please don't post video files. I won't look at them for security reasons. Video files are often used to utilize bugs in video players to install malware and other malicious content.

As I explained and sinus pointed out below, you can easy add any number of folders by clicking the Add button in that dialog several times.
This is of course also explained in the link to the corresponding help topic I've included in one of my reply to your massive amount of posts in multiple threads.
Now you've just started yet another thread.

Four your convenience I have again included the link to the Add Folder dialog box below.

https://www.photools.com/help/imatch/#rmh_dlg_scanfolder.htm

Please consider reading it to learn about the many ways you can add or update folders in your IMatch database.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Steve01

Hi Mario,
Thank you.
I was using Jing which is a well trusted prog, but will not do so, back to screen dumps.
Will read the link thoroughly.
for many folders transfer I see that win drag drop is fastest,

I see that any files loose on a drive do not get seen, they need to be in a folder.

I search through the help system first on all words I can think of that relate to the topic I am puzzled on, then failing that need to post.
I didnt twig the browse click browse click aspect though so apologies.

Cheers

Steve

Mario

QuoteI see that any files loose on a drive do not get seen, they need to be in a folder.

All files are in a folder. There cannot be files without a folder in Windows.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook