Find files at this Location

Started by clpratt, January 13, 2018, 10:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clpratt

When I display an IMatch Location in the Map Panel I wish to find all files at that location. The only way I see to do it is to put a target marker near the centre of the Location circle, then L click on the target marker and select "find files nearby".
[/size]
This seems a strange way of doing it. I would expect the Location circle's L click menu options to include "find files at this Location" or "find files nearby".
[/size]
Am I missing some other way of doing it. If not could this please be considered as a feature request.

Mario

This command is available in the target marker popup menu and also in the popup menu for each file:

You can also draw a rectangle, circle or polygon to find all files within that shape.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

clpratt

So, to find files at a location already showing on my map panel I have to
1:click the map just outside the Location circle,
2: drag the target marker to the middle of the Location circle
3: L click on the target marker and choose "Find files nearby"
It seems unnecessary to involve the target marker
(steps 1 and 2)
to achieve the search, when the Location circle is already there.
Would be quicker if the "Find files nearby" option was available by clicking inside the Location circle, then use the actual Location value as the centre of the search.

The alternative method of first having to find a file at the location also involves extra steps .
It is, in fact, actually asking for what was originally wanted.

Mario

Just left-click the file marker and choose "Find files nearby" as I have shown above.

No need to move anythin or to use the target marker for this. You only use the target marker if you have not already a file at the location you want to search nesarby.

You can also use a circular or polygon selection to find files:

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

clpratt

My point is, that until you have a relevant file selected in the file window there is no marker to click on inside the Location circle!
See Map1.jpg. (File at any other location is selected in the file window).

Only when you find a file of the wanted location and select it in the file window, then does a marker appear in the location circle.
See Map2.jpg (File at the wanted Location is selected in the file window).

So basically you can't "Find files nearby" until you've already found and selected a file at that Location.
If the file window doesn't show a relevant file then you're stuck.

Mario

Ah, locations. Locations don't offer a find nearby. Find nearby is only available for the target marker or file markers. Or for shapes you can draw on the map.
If you want additional functionality for locations, feel free to post a feature request for this in the feature request board. Thanks.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator