Simple way to select all files - including stacked

Started by Carlo Didier, December 01, 2017, 04:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Didier

Is there a simple way, to select/deselect all files in the file window, including those hidden in stacks?
Right now, I have to do
Ctrl-A
Ctrl-RightArrow
Ctrl-A

then do what I want with them, then again Ctrl-LeftArrow to collapse the stacks again.

If not, maybe a new shortcut like Alt-Ctrl-A or Shift-Ctrl-A would be possible?

sinus

If I remember correct, then having access to hidden stacks is not possible, hence they cannot be selected, if selected.
But I am of course not sure.

In the VB-area  ;D I had a script to do this, what you do now. But this script works not more of course.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

The general idea of stacks is to reduce the clutter in the file window, and reduce the number of files IMatch has to load and prepare.
Stacked files are not even loaded by the file window, hence you cannot select them in any way.

You have to expand the stack first. IMatch then loads the files now revealed and they are available for selection.
A quick <Ctrl>+<A>, <A>, <Ctrl>+<A> is all that is needed. I do that all the time, never gave it a second thought.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Carlo Didier

Ok, I'll have to extend my script then so that it looks up the stacked files itself, so I don't have to expand the stacks first. Which will also avoid forgetting to compress them again.