Start file search only after ENTER is pressed.

Started by ubacher, November 27, 2017, 05:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubacher

The file search starts searching about 1.5 seconds after I have typed the last character.
This causes me troubles again and again.
My request is to have the option to disable this automatic starting i.e. to specify that the search
should start only after ENTER is pressed.

Arthur

+1 from me

My problem is that after I have searched something, I start to use the mouse wheel to scroll through the results. Because the focus is still in the search box an other entry is selected in the dropdown and a new search starts. I often enough forget to set the focus to the file window after entering some characters. The possibility to commit a search with ENTER would avoid this.

sinus

Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

I have implemented this for the next release. It seems more users have problems with the auto-execute that I had anticipated. No sense in annoying users.

This apparently simple change actually required me to implement several new classes to override the default behavior of the user interface toolkit And while doing this I've also found a way to suppress the mouse wheel handling in the drop-down combo of the file window search bar when it has the input focus (thread 7445).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on November 28, 2017, 02:07:16 PM
I have implemented this for the next release. It seems more users have problems with the auto-execute that I had anticipated. No sense in annoying users.

This apparently simple change actually required me to implement several new classes to override the default behavior of the user interface toolkit And while doing this I've also found a way to suppress the mouse wheel handling in the drop-down combo of the file window search bar when it has the input focus (thread 7445).

Oh, very good news, thanks for that, specialy also for the mouse wheel handling.
:D
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Arthur

ubacher

Quote.....mouse wheel handling.

Great - that was the other great nuisance that I ran into all the time!

ben