IMatch now includes RAW image processing, based on the LibRaw project

Started by sinus, November 07, 2017, 02:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Hi Mario,
I have just seen this (see title) in the release points, from (Version 2017.10.2), yet unreleased.

Sorry, I do not understand this fully, does this mean, we can develop RAWs with IMatch?

and btw: this unreleased version has quite a bunch of interesting things.  :D
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

As I wrote in the release note, IMatch will not become a RAW processor:

QuoteWe do not intent to create yet another RAW processor, mind.

You cannot develop RAW files with IMatch. This enhancement merely allows IMatch do display most RAW formats even if no WIC codec is available.

Canon no longer provides WIC codecs - they want users to use the crappy Canon software. Cost cutting.
Nikon still provides a RAW codec, but it does not handle all old NEF formats anymore...
I don't know how many of the smaller camera vendors still supply up-to-date codecs.

They are all struggling, making less and less money from entry-level camera models. Smart phones take over that profitable segment.
And there are far less customers for DSLRs than for the smaller cameras. Nikon is already closing factories....
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Thanks, Mario

and sorry, I really ought to go in an English speaking  country for some weeks or better monthes to enhance my English knowledge!  8)
Markus

Mario

Quote from: sinus on November 07, 2017, 03:17:24 PM
Thanks, Mario

and sorry, I really ought to go in an English speaking  country for some weeks or better monthes ot enhance my English knowledge!  8)
Leaning by doing is always best. If you want to learn English, read English Books, watch movies in English. That's how I've improved my school English over time.
And visit U.K. of course. Great people! Just skip London during summer - millions of bloody tourists everywhere  ;)
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on November 07, 2017, 04:15:30 PM
Quote from: sinus on November 07, 2017, 03:17:24 PM
Thanks, Mario

and sorry, I really ought to go in an English speaking  country for some weeks or better monthes ot enhance my English knowledge!  8)
Leaning by doing is always best. If you want to learn English, read English Books, watch movies in English. That's how I've improved my school English over time.
And visit U.K. of course. Great people! Just skip London during summer - millions of bloody tourists everywhere  ;)

:D 8) ;D
Markus