External Editor

Started by tspear, October 26, 2017, 02:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tspear

Any suggestions?
I have been using Lightroom for a few years, never liked Photoshop.
Now Adobe has made it obvious they are going in a direction I do not care for. It is time to find another solution editor solution.
I make extensive use of gradients, local brush edits, pano merges, hdr merges, and lens corrections.

Thanks,

Tim

hro

Have a look at On1 PhotoRaw (www.on1.com). Pretty decent editor, great support and engagement by their team.
And they stated their licensing will never be subscription.

Carlo Didier

Quote from: hro on October 26, 2017, 07:32:45 AMAnd they stated their licensing will never be subscription.
Didn't Adobe say so too?  8)

Giblets

DxO are offering a free copy of Optics Pro 11 via Practical Photographer.

http://www.dxo.com/us/practicalphotography

pmbvw

Quote from: Giblets on October 26, 2017, 10:10:26 AM
DxO are offering a free copy of Optics Pro 11 via Practical Photographer.

http://www.dxo.com/us/practicalphotography

Danke für die Info über das DXO-Angebot.
Leider ist es nur die stark eingeschränkte Essential-Version mit Upgrade-Angebot auf Elite für schlappe 149 Euro

pmbvw

Quote from: hro on October 26, 2017, 07:32:45 AM
Have a look at On1 PhotoRaw (www.on1.com). Pretty decent editor, great support and engagement by their team.
And they stated their licensing will never be subscription.

I am actually testing the beta On1 Photo RAW 2018.
It makes a good first impression, but is very complex.
A lot of presets, layers, now local adjustments and a lot of helpful videos are out there.
An export from On1 RAW and import to IMATCH 2017 seems to be ok (No metadataproblem) 

wanderer2022

I've just moved the Datas from Lightroom to Imatch, its working fine as far as we speak about the keywords, everythink i did in Beschreibung is only comming with jpg files, not with the sony raw side car files. As far as i have mostly minimum 1 jpg file i can see what i have written to the Group, not nice, but a work around, for the development i test at the momen on1, RawTherapee and Capture One Sony. At the moment no clue what is the right one, alle can do a lot, but i just need an easy way, thats not what the are for me at the moment. Would be nice to read if there are some more users on this way.
Danke für jeden der sich die Mühe gibt zu versuchen was gehen kann und was nicht.
Hans

jch2103

DxO just introduced its latest iteration, DxO PhotoLab. It introduces local corrections, among other things. Worth a look.
John

Lincoln

Must say I have been very happy with Affinity Photo - after several months,  I have finally removed Lightroom and Photoshop from my hard drive. Imatch and Affinity Photo are a great match.