Open Map in a new browser window

Started by jch2103, October 28, 2017, 12:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jch2103

I should probably already know how to do this, but how do I open the Map pane in a new, separate browser window? (If I had done some app programming, I'd likely know...)

This would mostly be useful when I'm looking up information on the map about nearby features to add to metadata via clicking on map features.
John

Mario

Warning:  The ability to run an app in an external browser is meant to be used as a debugging aid, for app developers.
Not all features/functions available to the app when it runs in an App Panel may be available and the app may work differently in a browser environment!

There is no command to open the Map Panel in another browser window.
You can just undock the Map Panel and let if float? This way you can resize it as you wish?

To open an app in a browser window you can use the corresponding command in the App Manager.

Since the Map Panel is considered internal it is not listed in the App Manager.
But it is easy enough to open another app in a browser via the App Manager and then replace the folder name in the URL with the folder name of the Map Panel: mapapp.
Create a Favorite/Bookmark once you have this so you can open the Map Panel in your browser later with a click.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook