One line in the log

Started by sinus, October 10, 2017, 09:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Hi Mario
Only a question of curiousity. In the log this entry, what does this mean?

10.10 08:54:23+68641 [0A14] 02  I>       CIMWSGroupCache: 10 caches pre-loaded in 68 s.

Something takes 68 seconds, I wonder what could this be.
Not important.

10.10 08:53:14+    0 [0A14] 02  I>   WIC-ENUM: Decoder 'Silicon Graphics RGB Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions '.sgi,.rgb'
10.10 08:54:23+68641 [0A14] 02  I>       CIMWSGroupCache: 10 caches pre-loaded in 68 s.
10.10 08:54:23+  296 [0A14] 00  M>    >  3 CAppVariables::GetNumValue  'appvariables.cpp(239)'
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

IMWS uses many internal caches to speed up request processing. This allows it to be so fast, even for very large databases.

This particular cache caches information about metadata tags, groupings, the special IMWS-only virtual tags etc.

It is a on-demand cache, which means that it caches information when first requested.
To speed up processing, it applies a heuristic and pre-loads up to 10 caches which have been used in the previous session. This happens in the background, while IMWS is already able to process requests.

You did not include the full log so I don't know if this is a database with 30,000 or 500,000 files.
Either this is a very slow performing computer  (disk!) or the database is large. Nothing to worry about.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on October 10, 2017, 11:00:01 AM
IMWS uses many internal caches to speed up request processing. This allows it to be so fast, even for very large databases.

This particular cache caches information about metadata tags, groupings, the special IMWS-only virtual tags etc.

It is a on-demand cache, which means that it caches information when first requested.
To speed up processing, it applies a heuristic and pre-loads up to 10 caches which have been used in the previous session. This happens in the background, while IMWS is already able to process requests.

You did not include the full log so I don't know if this is a database with 30,000 or 500,000 files.
Either this is a very slow performing computer  (disk!) or the database is large. Nothing to worry about.

Thanks, Mario.
It is the DB with 250'000 files. IMatch of course, version 9.6.

So finally all is fine, that explaines it, why sometimes IMatch starts very quickly (like now, no chance to read the version of IM, so quickly is the intitial, first message), and sometimes slower.
Fine, thanks!
Markus

Mario

Is this a log from IMatch or IMatch Anywhere WebServices?
Please ZIP and attach the full log.  3 lines don't tell me anything...

Loading the cache is done in the background, while IMWS is already running. It does not impact startup performance.
For a 300,000 files database the cache times are usually around 10 to 15s, database on SATA3 SSD, i7 processor, Windows 10.

Make sure your virus-checker is leaving the database folder and all files contained within alone!

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Unfortunately I do not more have this log (I close/starts IMatch often).

It was IMatch, currently I do not work with Anywhere.

The next time, I will send the log, sorry.
Markus