IMatch integration with shop software

Started by kkiel, September 08, 2017, 10:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkiel

Hi Mario, hi everybody,

are there any news about integrating IMatch 2017/Anywhere with shop software like Magento, Oxid, Shopware or Woocommerce? Or has somebody sucessfully built an application that automatically updates shop products (= images) from IMatch or even syncs them? I regularly import images from IMatch into a Wordpress Woocommerce shop with a csv-import but there's a lot of hassle with csv and keeping the IMatch Category 'Images in Shop' in sync with the images that are actually in the shop.
I'd love to hear about successful solutions!
Thanks!
kkiel

Mario

Something like this would most likely be doable.
Maybe not not via a live link, but surely via an app which produces a customized load file.
Or the shop system can be extended to pull the data from IMWS as needed.

But I doubt there will be much interest for this.
Which means that all the development cost and the estimated service cost or several years (shop systems change, the app has to be adapted...) would have to be paid for by a few users. I don't see that, sorry.

Vendors like Canto or Widen offer 'adapters' for some other systems, some shopping systems too.
But these adapters can easily cost you several hundred if not thousands of US$ per year, in addition to the high cost of the DAM itself. This is aimed at corporate users.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

kkiel

Thank you, Mario,

I think there must be some interest: What are all IMatch users doing with their images? Selling them directly to customers or stock agencies? No own website with shop? But maybe I'm wrong ...

Regards,

kkiel

Mario

There are many dedicated "Sell your Photos on-line" web sites, like: Alamy, PhotoShelter, SmugMug, Fotolia, ShutterStock, iStockPhoto, ...

Usually these have "Import Screens" where you can just drag files from IMatch for upload.
You prepare the images in IMatch (metadata!, keywords!!!) and then upload the files.

I'm not into this, but I think that some of these sites provide WordPress plug-ins which allows you to present your gallery in-line on your site, and then forward the client to the actual shop page.

Often you need to prepare images differently or provide different sets of captions and keywords for the same file.
Different sites / agencies have different requirements.
IMatch Attributes (for flexible storage of any number of keyword sets, titles, descriptions) and a Metadata Template can be very helpful to produce different sets of metadata for the same file with a few mouse-clicks.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

DigPeter

Quote from: kkiel on September 25, 2017, 11:21:24 AM
Thank you, Mario,

I think there must be some interest: What are all IMatch users doing with their images? Selling them directly to customers or stock agencies? No own website with shop? But maybe I'm wrong ...

Regards,

kkiel
Many of us are hobby photographers or use photography to support another interest (in my case botany) and do not wish to sell their images.

kkiel

Thanks!

I'm using IMatch's features to produce different versions of images (with/without metadata, watermark, different sizes etc.) for different outlets extensively. But  I find the import of images and metadata into my wordpress/woocommerce shop with a csv-file a huge hassle.  Too often the metadata contain mistakes (by us, not IMatch) and erroneous products are produced (missing images or wrong categories etc.).

Has anybody found a way to avoid this when importing from different attributes, xml-data ... to wordpress?

Would be glad to hear about that!