IMatch 2017.8.2 64-bit Edition Thread

Started by Mario, July 31, 2017, 08:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

Quote from: cartersfarm on August 04, 2017, 03:32:13 PM
Great work! I had been having issues with out of memory warnings and crashes with my "super-sized" (database 800,000-ish images) and my reproducible tests which caused the errors have had 0 errors!  In addition on my main rendering workstation the overall performance is dramatically better doing any large action.  I have very wide dual path IO for all my subsystems on this HP Z800 workstation (including dual southbridge chips and fully independent IO busses to raw PCI SSD) and I have to say, this is now able to skim through a 19,000 image keyword with image stacking and custom sorting without hesitation and great image to image response time!  This is truly a leap forward for a $100-ish DAM - splendid work again! Ed :)

I quote your full text so Google finds it twice  ;D

Thank you for the feedback. Let others know, spread the word.
I'm sure other photographers will enjoy IMatch as well - but they may probably never hear about it.
Since Apple has started using the term iMatch it becomes much harder to find IMatch via Google or other search engines. And of course the marketing thunderstorm that is Adobe is pushing everything aside. They spend 150 million dollars per year for advertisements.

800,000 managed files is truly a lot. Was definitely too much for 32-bit IMatch but IMatch 64-bit will handle that.
How much memory is IMatch using? (Please check in Task Manager - Peak Working Set column) or search the IMatch log file for NEW PEAK from the bottom.
Which operations are reported as unusually slow (search for #sl in the log). Everything that takes longer than 5s is marked.

QuoteThis is truly a leap forward for a $100-ish DAM

I could give you some quotes for managing this amount of files from some of the big players in the market. Hint: For 100$ you're not getting much  ;)
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Tallpics

This must be the most important 'future-proofing' update that Mario has made as we all keep taking more and more pics!

It's nice to know that 800,000 images still doesn't stress the system... I can still keep snapping ;)

Thanks Mario for your continued developments.

ben

Just upgraded to x64.
Very cool indeed!!

ncartwright

IMatch has always been a great product but was starting to slow on my PC even though it is a very hi specification i7.  The 64 bit version is running without issues and has given me back the performance that makes IMatch a pleasure to run.

Good job.

Neil

mastodon

I've just made a test, importing 1000 images with the 32 bit and then with the 64 bit version (files are 5-10 Mb). It took exactly the same time: five and a half minute. I did not measure, but I feel that the 64 bit version starts bit faster, the viewer was fast, but now a bit more "seamlees" when changing pictures. Thanks, Mario, IMatch gets always better and ready for the future! :)