Files found in Windows X

Started by P.Jones, May 30, 2017, 06:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P.Jones

I have found all these files under the C:\ drive which appear to be from my IM5.8.4 installation on Windows X.

Also files under C:\ system

Is this normal when installed on Windows X?

Mario

No. This looks like the initial migration of IMatch accidentally copied all files into the root folder in C: instead of the program data folder ???

Do you use the default locations for %APPDATA%?
Can you please attach the IMATCH_*.txt files from the TEMP folder on your system (ZIP them before uploading). I will need to see what the migration has done and why it decided to copy files into the root folder. Very strange...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

P.Jones

Quote from: Mario on May 30, 2017, 07:20:59 PM
No. This looks like the initial migration of IMatch accidentally copied all files into the root folder in C: instead of the program data folder ???

Do you use the default locations for %APPDATA%?
Can you please attach the IMATCH_*.txt files from the TEMP folder on your system (ZIP them before uploading). I will need to see what the migration has done and why it decided to copy files into the root folder. Very strange...

Hi Mario
Yes I used default locations.

I've looked for the txt file but its not in the temp folder or anywhere else. This maybe because since IM5.8.4 was installed I have run a disc cleanup utility a couple of times.

I did Macrium Reflect before I installed IM5 and as I wont be using that version on Windows X I think I will restore Windows X and reinstall IM2017.

This should hopefully give me a correct and clean install.

Will let you know on Friday when I'm back at my PC.

Thanks Paul