Re-read metadata

Started by ulim, May 06, 2017, 09:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulim

Hello,

iMatch has "suddenly" stopped reading most metadata, when importing images (no EXIF dates etc.). Is there a way to explicitly tell iMatch to re-read metadata from images? Short of removing the image from the database and rescanning the folder, that is.

Ulrich

Mario

You can always select the files and press Shift+Ctrl+F5 (Or hold down Ctrl while choosing the Rescan command on files or entire folders). In the dialog, use the "Reload Metadata".

Since IMatch does not suddenly stop reading metadata, check the IMatch log file (see help) for lines with W> or E> in them. Also try to remember what you dd before it stopped working. This info will help us to help you.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ulim

Unfortunately it "stopped working" a number of weeks ago and I only noticed now. However, after writing back metadata to the file, the EXIF etc. was then read and is now present on the files. I suppose re-reading via Shift+Ctrl+5 might have done the trick as well, I'll keep an eye on this issue.

Kind regards,

Ulrich