Filter the Lens data-driven category by focal length?

Started by cytochrome, August 18, 2013, 03:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cytochrome

I still use some of my pre-CPU Nikkor lenses, some are quite good for specific usage.

The D7000 allows to define these lenses in the menu so the actual aperture is used for exposure metering but nothing specific is written in the Exif or Maker Notes.

In the data-driven category Lens they are listed all together as "Manual Lens no CPU" .

I would like to filter on the Exif:focal length value for say 50, 55, 105, 200.... without fishing other lenses when coincidently using them at 50, 55, etc

Is this possible?

Francis

Mario

You can create a data-driven category on focal length of course.

But you cannot create a data-driven category which builds it's values from tag A (focal length) but filters out files based on another tag (e.g. model name). This will require you to combine some categories via a category formula or something like that.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

cytochrome

Thank you, will try this.

Francis

PS The category I want to filter for focal length (= 105/2.5, 55/2.8 etc)

[attachment deleted by admin]

BenAW

If nothing specific is written in the metadata for your manual lenses how would the focal length information be available in the EXIF ?

cytochrome

Hi Ben,

With some Nikon bodies like the D7000 and up you can define some (7 for the D7000) non-CPU lenses: you give a number, focal length and the maximal aperture. When you use the lens you enter the lens number and you have access to some of  exposure metering possibilities of the body. And the focal length is written to the exif. This is with prime lenses, I have two old zooms but they are worth the try...

When I use these lenses on the D80 or GF1 (with adapter ring) focal length is reported as 0 in the Exif. But mostly I use them on the D7000 because of the superior metering possibilities (the GF1 also meters through the lens, the D80 not, it was considered by Nikon as an "amateur" camera).

Francis

cytochrome

Well, it works fine, in the filter panel  I can select Manual non CPU as a Lens value, then 24, 55, 105, 200... it filters!!

Now I have to translate this to categories

Francis

BenAW

QuoteWith some Nikon bodies like the D7000 and up you can define some (7 for the D7000) non-CPU lenses: you give a number, focal length and the maximal aperture. When you use the lens you enter the lens number and you have access to some of  exposure metering possibilities of the body. And the focal length is written to the exif.
Ok, pretty advanced  8). On my Pentax body I can only set Focal Length for my classic lenses.
This is used for the shake reduction, and also available in the EXIF info.