I miss the Read-only icon in the viewer

Started by sinus, October 04, 2016, 02:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Hello

Maybe I am missing something, if so, sorry for my question:

In the viewer I cannot see, when a file is read-only.
Means, in the thumb the icon is correct there.

But not in the big image. All other stuff is there (stars, cats and so on), but not the icon for read-only.

Have I overlooked something?

Background: during a photo-session people wants to see the image often in the display of the camera.  ::) :-\
When they say, the want this and that photo, I tag it with "read-only" in my Nikon.
When I am viewing the viewer, I would like to see this icon too.

Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

The file system read-only attribute is not displayed in the Viewer. Only collections.

I suggest you use the feature to assign files marked as read-only to a collection or run a special metadata template. See Edit > Preferences > Indexing for all options related to read-only files.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on October 04, 2016, 02:39:37 PM
The file system read-only attribute is not displayed in the Viewer. Only collections.

I suggest you use the feature to assign files marked as read-only to a collection or run a special metadata template. See Edit > Preferences > Indexing for all options related to read-only files.

Cool, thanks for your answer. I forgot often the diferences between collection, what are "IMatch-specials" and "real" xmp-stuff or file-system related things.

Now when I know this, I can find a solution very easy, thanks for your hints!  :D
Markus

Mario

Many assign the label "Select" or "Winner" to files marked as read-only in the camera via the Index option.

This neatly transfers a file attribute into proper XMP data. You can also immediately see all "selects" in the corresponding collection, use them in categories, see them as selected in the file window and the Viewer. Much better than fiddling around with the file system attribute.

Besides: You could include the {File.ReadOnly} variable in your File Window Tip, and then you can see it in the text overlay in the Viewer as well.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Great. Thanks for this, good ideas.

And yes, the variable works also.  :D I have not thought at this, though I love variables.  ;D

So, finally, all is solved and super.
Markus