Categories 2

Started by cthomas, September 12, 2016, 07:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthomas

If you also want to create categories which automatically group your files by year, month, day you create a data-driven category for that purpose. It will have three levels (year, month, day) and will be based on the "Date Subject Created" metadata tag - this metadata tag represents the time the photos were created.

I have attached a data-driven category export file for you.

1. Download the ZIP file attached below to folder on your hard disk and extract its content. This gives you a file named "date.imcsx".

2. In IMatch, open the Import & Export panel via View menu > Panels >...

3. Click on the RUN button in the Category Import module.

4. In the file browser that opens, select the file "date.imcsx" you have just extracted from the ZIP file.

5. You now find a category named Files by Date in the IMatch Category View. This data-driven category arranges your files by Year/Month/Day.

6. You can now look at the data-driven category and see how it's done.  Let me know if you have questions.
[/quote]

How can I get my attachments to show up with out haveing to post and then modify my file in order to see the images?

QuoteI want to copy my images from here in drive D:\Images and drop them into my File Window? I want them to show up sorted by Year> Month > Week and Date >.

When you now switch to the Time Line View you see your images already sorted by Year. Month, Day. If you click on a year, the File Window shows all files from that year.

You can click on the arrow in front of the nodes to show the children (Months, Days).

If you also want to create categories which automatically group your files by year, month, day you create a data-driven category for that purpose. It will have three levels (year, month, day) and will be based on the "Date Subject Created" metadata tag - this metadata tag represents the time the photos were created.

I have attached a data-driven category export file for you.

1. Download the ZIP file attached below to folder on your hard disk and extract its content. This gives you a file named "date.imcsx".

2. In IMatch, open the Import & Export panel via View menu > Panels >...

3. Click on the RUN button in the Category Import module.

4. In the file browser that opens, select the file "date.imcsx" you have just extracted from the ZIP file.

5. You now find a category named Files by Date in the IMatch Category View. This data-driven category arranges your files by Year/Month/Day.

6. You can now look at the data-driven category and see how it's done.  Let me know if you have questions. I'm sorry but I can't see how it's done?

[/quote]

6. You can now look at the data-driven category and see how it's done. How can I look at the data-driven category and see how it's done? I have tried but I can't see how it's done?

What does: Return to this topic. mean?
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

QuoteHow can I look at the data-driven category and see how it's done? I have tried but I can't see how it's done?

Right-click on the category Files by Date to open the context menu, then Advanced Commands  > Data-driven properties.
Or, in the properties panel below the category tree, click on the ... button in the row with the Data-driven caption.

How data-driven categories work, how to see their properties, what all the options do etc. is explained in every detail in the IMatch help. Just type data-driven into the help index to find the information.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook