Updated to 5.6.22 problem

Started by dwags, June 11, 2016, 10:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwags

Hi,
Last week I noticed a new version of IMatch so I closed the program, and the diagnostic showed no errors.
I then downloaded and installed the new version but when I tried to open it, I got an error message that IMatch has encountered a problem and needs to close. After clicking OK, it says photools.com IMatch
Application has stopped working.
After clicking Close program, about 30 seconds later I get a bug report with a zip file and an option to send the error report to photools. I tried that but the email just got hung up in my outbox and wouldn't go. In fact it seemed to cause my outbox to freeze as I haven't been able to send any emails until I deleted the photools email.

Any ideas what I can do? I did try uninstalling the program and reinstall it but the same thing happens all over again.

Dale Wagler

dwags

Oop's, I was opening the program from the old link on my taskbar. When I use the desktop shortcut all is good.

Sorry about that.   :(
Dale

Mario

DUMP files produced by IMatch are usually more than 100 MB in size. You cannot send such large files per email.
If you have no cloud space (OneDrive, SkyDrive, Google, Dropbox etc.) you can contact me via email and I will provide you with an FTP log-in.
For an initial diagnosis, extract the log file contained in the ZIP file produced by IMatch. ZIP it again and send this per email. This should be much smaller.

I'm not sure how a user-created shortcut could cause IMatch to crash. Without the log and the DUMP file, I'm unable to even guess at this point.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook