Memory Dump

Started by cthomas, April 13, 2016, 02:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthomas

I was adding a lot of files to my new database. When I get this error see image. Now what do I do?  :'(

[attachment deleted by admin]
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

After IMatch has finished writing the DUMP (which can take a while, depending on Windows version and memory state) you will get a message box with instructions.
Search the IMatch help index for DUMP for additional info.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on April 13, 2016, 09:09:50 AM
After IMatch has finished writing the DUMP (which can take a while, depending on Windows version and memory state) you will get a message box with instructions.

"Search the IMatch help index for DUMP for additional info." How do I do a search see image. in this?

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on April 13, 2016, 09:09:50 AM

Ok I did the search but I still can't find the memory dump file.
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

You have hidden the left tab with the index and the search.
Click on the Options button > Show Tabs.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Mario

QuoteOk I did the search but I still can't find the memory dump file.

Did IMatch display the dialog with instructions?
It tells you where the DUMP file is.

Otherwise open the TEMP folder on your system and locate the file yourself. It's a ZIP file with several hundred MB. Sort by size in Windows Explorer to spot it quickly.
Then upload to your cloud space and send me the link so I can download it.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on April 13, 2016, 08:03:46 PM

Otherwise open the TEMP folder on your system and locate the file yourself. It's a ZIP file with several hundred MB. Sort by size in Windows Explorer to spot it quickly.

I don't have a cloud space. Can I just zip them up and send them to you?
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on April 13, 2016, 08:03:46 PM

"Did IMatch display the dialog with instructions?" No it didn't

I zipped the file.  ;)

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

Your log file is full of warnings from ExifTool and the image libraries IMatch uses to process image files.
ExifTool reports many "File format error" while trying to extract data from your files. Search the log file for W> to find the file names.

The image libraries / WIC codecs fail with "failed with Unknown image type." for apparantly all CR2 files.
Do you have a WIC codec installed which supports your CR2 format?

I think that the crash you saw was just by IMatch giving in, after either ExifTool or the image libraries crashed because of too many errors while processing either unknown or damaged image files.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on April 13, 2016, 09:26:05 PM
Your log file is full of warnings from ExifTool and the image libraries IMatch uses to process image files.
ExifTool reports many "File format error" while trying to extract data from your files. Search the log file for W> to find the file names.

The image libraries / WIC codecs fail with "failed with Unknown image type." for apparantly all CR2 files.
Do you have a WIC codec installed which supports your CR2 format?

I think that the crash you saw was just by IMatch giving in, after either ExifTool or the image libraries crashed because of too many errors while processing either unknown or damaged image files.

This makes some sense. I maybe should go through the image and see if I can open them with another program.

"Do you have a WIC codec installed which supports your CR2 format?" Yes I have this one. Or would you suggest a different one?

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

The FastPictureViewer codecs are just fine. Always install the latest version (you can download it using the link in the original email from FPV) and you're set.

But IMatch gets "invalid file format" for many files (see your log file) so you need to investigate.
You can select one of the failed files in a File Window (it should have no thumbnail) and then run Help > Support > WIC Diagnosis in IMatch. This shows you which WIC codec is used (maybe you have multiple codecs installed) and if and which error message the codec returns when trying to read the file.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator