Find Video-Dates with a variable

Started by sinus, February 05, 2016, 06:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Hi
I have a lot of videos, created by a handy or by cams.

I am trying to use a variable for catching the date of these videos.

I can see the date (a lot of dates) in the Exif-Tool-window, what is correct.
Then I can see some of this in the Metadata-Browser, coming with IMatch, what is also correct.

I want now have a variable to use it in the renamer. Therefore I copied the variables from the browser and pasted them into the VarToy.
As you can see, this works not, instead of the date (2015:05:16 18:06:03) I get only "2.015".

I tried also the same with the tag selector, without success.

I want simply find at least one of these date-values with a variable, but I cannot find one.
Has someone a solution for this? Curious, because VarToy in such cases helps a lot, but this time it does not help.

See the attachement to see, what I mean.

added: I added now also a video-sample

[attachment deleted by admin]
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

jch2103

I believe you need to add a format for the variable. See 'format variables' in the Help for more info. I don't know enough about this, though, to suggest the format you need.

On a related note, I just started using a Metadata Template to put the QuickTime date/time information in a place IMatch can use.

[attachment deleted by admin]
John

sinus

Thanks, John,
I have tried already several format-options without success.
Markus

Mario

These Quicktime variables is typed (by ExifTool) as an integer! This is why the variable returns 2015 as a number, and then stops.

Use the formatting function value:formatted to get the value of this tag as as formatted by ExifTool, i.e.:

{File.MD.QuickTime::TrackHeader\1\TrackCreateDate\0|value:formatted}

Note: Since ExifTool specifies this variable as an int, you cannot use date/time formatting functions. The formatted value returned by ExifTool is just a text, and the variable returns it 'as-is'. You can use substring to extract selected parts, but not the format function like with 'real' date and time variables.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jch2103

Quote from: Mario on February 05, 2016, 07:22:41 PM
These Quicktime variables is typed (by ExifTool) as an integer! This is why the variable returns 2015 as a number, and then stops.

In that case, I'm surprised my Metadata Template works OK...
John

sinus

Quote from: Mario on February 05, 2016, 07:22:41 PM

Use the formatting function value:formatted to get the value of this tag as as formatted by ExifTool, i.e.:

{File.MD.QuickTime::TrackHeader\1\TrackCreateDate\0|value:formatted}

Note: Since ExifTool specifies this variable as an int, you cannot use date/time formatting functions. The formatted value returned by ExifTool is just a text, and the variable returns it 'as-is'. You can use substring to extract selected parts, but not the format function like with 'real' date and time variables.

Thanks, Mario, you tip did it!
I used the variables like this:

{File.MD.Extra\FileCreateDate\FileCreateDate\0|substr:8,2}.{File.MD.Extra\FileCreateDate\FileCreateDate\0|substr:5,2}.{File.MD.Extra\FileCreateDate\FileCreateDate\0|substr:0,4}/{File.MD.Extra\FileCreateDate\FileCreateDate\0|substr:11,2}:{File.MD.Extra\FileCreateDate\FileCreateDate\0|substr:14,2} h

and this works perfectly.

Thanks also John, for jumping in!
Markus