Attach GPS coordinate to category

Started by marcv, June 15, 2013, 07:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcv

For categories that designate locations, it would be convenient if a GPS coordinate could be attached to the category (or to a keyword?). As soon as I put an image in the category, the GPS coordinate would be assigned to the image and into its EXIF data.
The desired behavior would be that if a GPS coordinate is already in the image, that coordinate would not be overwritten by the category GPS coordinate.

bobglass

I would also find this useful, but imagine a different use. I'm an art and architectural historian and often categorize images by building (my location category tree looks like this: location>country>city>building type>building name). GPS info is embedded in most of my images now when I take them. It would be great if the building category could be assigned automatically to the image based on the GPS data in the EXIF when the image is imported into IMatch. Obviously this would require not only a GPS point for the category but some means of specifying the size of the area around that point to be included.

ChrisMatch

I would support both requests - they seem very useful to me  :D
The question is, how this feature would go with the locations in the map (would it replace the locations - or would a location just be a special Categories?).