Disable the option of flags/dots/pins?

Started by chuffaker, December 17, 2015, 08:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuffaker

I've been working on interface customization on my database. Although the pins, dots, flags options offer many ways to sort photos that is unique to IMatch, I just don't need to use them in this iteration. I'm aiming for a v. simple user interface, since it's being created for users with little database experience.

After reading through many forum posts, and the IMatch help documentation, I haven't been able to find a way to disable the pins/dots/flags in my database and make them disappear from the UI, or piece together whether this is even possible.  I'm wondering if anyone else has done this in their own databases.

Thanks!

jch2103

In the Layout Editor, you have the choice of whether or not you want to show icons. You may want to create a custom layout for this. Press F1 when you're in the Edit Layouts drop-down for more info.
John

Mario

I suggest you create a custom file window layout (see Help for details) and don't include the icons in that layout.
See, for example, the "Thumbs small" or "Thumbs only" layouts included by default in IMatch. You can select these via the "Select a file window layout" button in the File Window toolbar.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook