IMATCH 5.5 (CNTRL + G, L) Question

Started by kiwilink, December 04, 2015, 06:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwilink

I'm embarrassed to ask (I hope its my Laptop) but I am in the file window that has several hundred files and I want to go to the first or last one without scrolling.  In the new features document it says CNTRL + G, L to goto the last image and CNTRL + G, F to goto the first.  I'm not getting it to work so I'm most likely not doing something right. 

I have no keypad so I am assuming I can use the standard laptop keyboard.  What I did is click on an image and then hit CNTRL + G and I see what looks like a refresh of the image.  Looked into the log but didn't see anything. 

Sorry for the dumb question.

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

kiwilink

Thanks Mario for the reply.  Are you holding down the CNTRL + G and then simultaneously hitting L to go to the last selected image?

Mario

The notation Ctrl+G,L means:

1. press Ctrl+G and release.
2. Press L within one second.

That's a two key hotkey. IMatch uses them in many features.
For info: type keyboard into the Help Index, and then click on Usage in IMatch.

Tip: The Quick Start Guide (updated for IMatch 5.5) in the Help menu contains helpful keyboard cheat sheets with all frequently used commands. And it explains also how what Ctrl+K,G means.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

kiwilink

Hi Mario!

I have this printed and attached next to my computer screen but it still doesn't do anything either on my desktop or Laptop.  You mentioned Ctrl + K, G in your last statement.  I'm typing Ctrl + G, L to attempt to go to the last selected image within the file window.  I hit Ctrl + G at the same time and then the letter L and nothing happens.

Michael

Mario

Quoteu mentioned Ctrl + K, G in your last statement

Sorry. I'm tired. I work on shipping IMatch 5.5. since Tuesday evening, almost without pauses.

I just tested it and it works. Ctrl+G,L goes to the last selected image (brings it into view).

I press and hold <Ctrl> then press G>. Release both keys. Then press L or F or O.

Tip: The commands are also available in the file window context menu, in the Additional Functions sub-menu.

Do you perhaps use a non-English version of IMatch? Maybe the keys are different for your language. The context menu lists the shortcuts for your language.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

kiwilink

Hi Mario!

Thanks for the quick reply.  This is why I will always buy your releases.  There is no better support anywhere. 

Your probably exhausted so I can wait for someone else to try this and see if they had an issues.  Usually its me not understanding the function but I tried again and no luck.  Just to be sure I am using it correctly I will explain what I did.  See the attachment.  I clicked on the McDonalds menu image (not double-click).  I then moved the mouse to the car (the first image) and clicked once.  I then hit Cntrl + G at the same time and then let the keys up and quickly hit L.  My assumption was that it would move back to the McDonalds image and select it (Last image selected).  I tried all three commands (Ctrl + G, L) (Ctrl + G, F) and (Ctrl + G, O) and nothing happened.

I am using an English keyboard and an English installation.  When I hit Ctrl + F12 it goes right to a slide show so the keyboard commands seem to work fine.  I tried Ctrl + R  and it sets the read only flag so this seems to work fine. 

Let me know if I'm interpreting the command correctly (functionality)

Sorry for bothering you this early.   As I mentioned, I can wait for others to try it or maybe I'm misunderstanding the function.

Thanks Mario!

Mike

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

A misunderstanding.
These keyboard shortcuts don't change which image is focused (yellow border).
They ensure that the first selected / last selected / focused image are visible in the file window.
All your images are contained within the visible area, so nothing will happen.

Try the same with a file window that has hundred of files, or at least more files than fit on a screen.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

kiwilink

Mario:

OK!!!  I got it.  I misunderstood the functionality.  So I would use this before I hit Shift click to highlight a group of images.  Correct?

Mike

Mario

As one case. It depends on how you work with IMatch...

If you work with large selections of files, or you use the new feature to select multiple groups of files in large sets, you will welcome the ability to quickly bring the first selected, last selected of focused file quickly into view without manually scrolling and searching.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

kiwilink

Mario:

OK.  Got it!  Thanks a lot for the responses!

Mike