Date and Time Index

Started by zematima, October 12, 2015, 12:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zematima

Hi:
I saw in my database that the category Date and Time Index ends on 2009.(File Date Index.jpg)
The Timeline goes to 2015.(File Timeline.jpg).
1 - Why doesn't the category Date and Time Index goes to 2015 like the Timeline?
On the help file I see that the Timeline picks the file.datetime variable.
So when creating my own file window layout which variable should I use (for instance in header 1) to pick the date to show on the file?
{File.DateTime}
{File.MD.Composite\CreateDate\CreateDate\0}
{File.MD.Composite\DateTimeOriginal\DateTimeOriginal\0}
{File.MD.Exif::Main\36868\CreateDate\0}
{File.MD.Exif::Main\36867\DateTimeOriginal\0}
{File.MD.XMP::photoshop\DateCreated\DateCreated\0}
{File.MD.XMP::exif\DateTimeOriginal\DateTimeOriginal\0}
{File.MD.XMP::xmp\CreateDate\CreateDate\0}
Another thing.
Please see pictures dog.jpg and dog1.jpg
What is strange is why the same picture appears on the timeline in 2 different places?
The picture was taken on the date shown on Dog1.jpg
I made a crop of that picture but on the year of 2007 not in September 2015.
The picture is also in the timeline on the date it should be.(even on the category Date and Time Index)
Why does that picture shows on September 2015?
Thanks in advance.
JRosa.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

1. I don't know what Date & Time index is. I suppose this is a data-driven category you have created? Check the settings.

2. Please see the IMatch help on Date and Time (type this in the index) to find information how IMatch calculates the standard File DateTime value, which is used for the standard variable, the standard tag, the timeline etc.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

zematima

Hi:
Thanks for your answer.
This Date and Time Index is not a dinamic category or at least I didn't create it.
Maybe it came from IMatch 3.6? (Please see the description of file Date Index1.jpg ; If it was created by me the description would be in Portuguese).
Anyway, I am going to delete it.
What I don't understand is why the photos of Dog and Dog1 appears in two different timeline.
Thanks.
JRosa.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

Then it's probably an import from IMatch 3. Some users used that category to have some sort of timeline...

If you are unsure about the date and time of your files, check it in the file window. The default date & time attribute uses the date and time calculated by IMatch using the rules outlined in the help topic I mentioned in my last posting above.

You can also use the {File.DateTime} variable in the app panel.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

zematima