Discussion board feature request

Started by Carlo Didier, June 18, 2015, 01:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Didier

I post this here as it's not directly related to iMatch itself, but the forum here.
I usually look at the "Recent unread topics" accessed through the link "Show unread posts since last visit".

There, I click on a topic title to see what it's about or what's new if I already lokked at that topic before.

I'd like to automatically get to either the first new post that I haven't seen yet or simply the last post, instead of always going to the top of the thread, i.e. the first post, and then have to scroll down or even go to a second page to get to the posts that are new for me.

I know from other forums that it's possible, but it surely depends on the forum software that is used.

Mario

If you click on the "New" icon instead of the topic title, the first unread post will be scrolled into view.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

herman

For what it is worth, I usually enter the IMatch forums through this URL:

https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?action=unread

That gives me immediately a list of unread messages.

Hope this helps,
Enjoy!

Herman.

Ferdinand

thrinn

Or set your forum profile to "Show most recent posts at the top" (to be found in Look and Layout).
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Carlo Didier

Quote from: Mario on June 18, 2015, 02:06:10 PMIf you click on the "New" icon instead of the topic title, the first unread post will be scrolled into view.

Eh, never realized that was a button ... always thought it was just a label indicating that new posts were available in that thread ...
Must be the age (passed 50 yesterday) ...  8)

Carlo Didier

Quote from: thrinn on June 18, 2015, 10:41:08 PMOr set your forum profile to "Show most recent posts at the top" (to be found in Look and Layout).

Great tip. Thanks!