So quiet...

Started by Mario, March 15, 2015, 06:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

...in the community  ;)

Not that I'm complaining! I really need a rest after shipping 3 updates in about 9 days.

It seems to me that the current 5.2.12 release with it's two major bug fixes has solved quite many problems. As I wrote in the release notes, these two obscure bugs could have affected all areas of IMatch, causing random crashes and malfunctions almost everywhere  :o

This gives me some time to work on some bigger new features I have planned for the 5.5 version. Of course I will also fix the open bugs and ship new updates as needed, about every four weeks.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

hro

+1.
Mario, be happy with what you have achieved to date. An awesome piece of software and a help system to a detail I have never seen anywhere else.
So, relax a bit and hurry up with this next version  ;D ;D ;D

Regards.
Hartmut

Ferdinand

I'm surprised that you (Mario) were brave enough to make this statement. 

The big issue for me remains viewer fit-to-view sharpening.

ubacher

I think the fixes done for .12 worked wonders! ("Ein Durchbruch!")
No crashes/hang problems since then.

A big Thank You to Mario for his tenacity.

Mario

Quote from: Ferdinand on March 15, 2015, 11:18:04 PM

?   
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Ferdinand

Quote from: Mario on March 16, 2015, 09:22:33 AM
Quote from: Ferdinand on March 15, 2015, 11:18:04 PM

?   

Commenting on how quiet it is seems to be risking / inviting the opposite.

medgeek

For the non-German speakers (like me):

Ein Durchbruch = a breakthrough

sinus

Quote from: medgeek on March 16, 2015, 05:29:34 PM
For the non-German speakers (like me):

Ein Durchbruch = a breakthrough

Thanks, medgeek

For me personally - at the moment - it seems to be also a breakthrough, this version. I have no crashes, even if I work with 1'000 files and collections. I hold my breath ... I hope, it will stay so stable!
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Quote from: sinus on March 16, 2015, 05:42:01 PM
For me personally - at the moment - it seems to be also a breakthrough, this version. I have no crashes, even if I work with 1'000 files and collections. I hold my breath ... I hope, it will stay so stable!
That's good news, Markus. Especially with your frequent problems when changing collections. I assume that the bug fixed for this release solves your problem as well.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

sinus

Quote from: Mario on March 16, 2015, 06:17:17 PM
Quote from: sinus on March 16, 2015, 05:42:01 PM
That's good news, Markus. Especially with your frequent problems when changing collections. I assume that the bug fixed for this release solves your problem as well.

Thanks Mario!
Really, until now good news. Also the "problem" is gone, if I select about 600 images with open Metadata: no problem, very quickly, even with 1000 images.
Ah, yes Mario, I changed even back to my "variables-layout" ;) ... because it helps me really.

And as you wrote: changing collections works now wonderfull. I know 3 times on wood, I hope deeply, that this will stay. In 2-3 days I will know more; means, the problem is gone or not.

I am optimistic!
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus