Categories Panel

Started by P.Jones, September 10, 2014, 06:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P.Jones

In the Categories Panel there is a Function called 'Uncategorized Files' which states

This category contains all files which are not part of any category, including direct assignments, data-driven

also in the Help file it states

A file which has at least one keyword will not show up in this category.

I have several files which do not have any Categories assigned to them i.e. @Keywords

Shouldn't these files be showing up under this function

Mario

Do you mean the category with the @Unassigned formula?
Do you use data-driven categories? E.g. the default data-driven categories IMatch ships with?

To test:

Open an App panel and switch to the Categories Dashboard App.
Or, in the Categories Panel, switch to "Current" and then make sure you enable both @Keywords and data-driven categories in the toolbar.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

P.Jones

Quote from: Mario on September 10, 2014, 07:52:12 PM
Do you mean the category with the @Unassigned formula?
Do you use data-driven categories? E.g. the default data-driven categories IMatch ships with?

To test:

Open an App panel and switch to the Categories Dashboard App.
Or, in the Categories Panel, switch to "Current" and then make sure you enable both @Keywords and data-driven categories in the toolbar.

Yes the  the category with the @Unassigned formula?

I checked and what you call data-driven categories show up as shown below

I assumed this category showed files that I hadn't assigned categories to myself.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

The file is in Unassigned, which means it has not been manually assigned to any category. But it is not in Uncategorized because it is in several data-driven categories.

See also the description of the @Unassigned and @UnCategorized formulas. Or the description IMatch shows in the category properties when you select the categories.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

P.Jones

Quote from: Mario on September 10, 2014, 09:42:28 PM
The file is in Unassigned, which means it has not been manually assigned to any category. But it is not in Uncategorized because it is in several data-driven categories.

See also the description of the @Unassigned and @UnCategorized formulas. Or the description IMatch shows in the category properties when you select the categories.

Hi Mario I've created a new Category which does what I require

Pictures not assigned a keyword = "@All" NOT"@Keywords"

This allows me to quickly find and files I may have forgotten to add keywords too.

Thankyou