Counts in Timeline View or Categories to Reflect a Filter

Started by Darius1968, July 12, 2013, 12:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

I see that there are category counts or counts in timeline view for how many files in a year.  Can these be updated to reflect the number after the filter has been applied? 

BenAW

Not the numbers directly behind a category or a year/month/day in Timeline.
If you select any of these the numbers are shown in the bar above the thumbs, rh side.

Darius1968

Oh, I know that the # will be given in the file window when it is activated by clicking on one of the years, but I was wondering if the values could be had visually without first having to click something. 

BenAW

I believe this has been discussed in the pre-beta, but the performance penalty was huge.
Even showing just the counts in the Category tree costs performance

Mario

QuoteCan these be updated to reflect the number after the filter has been applied? 

No. Filters work on the file window contents. The time line does not know anything about filters.

Tip: You can enable the hierarchy view for the file window (with all levels). IMatch then shows group headers for each node in the time line, and these headers reflect the file count after the filter is applied.  If you collapse all groups in the file window (right-click a group header for the menu) you get a compact view of the filter results.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Darius1968

This file-window-hierarchical-view is definitely along the lines of what I need/want.  I tried it out for a data-driven category set up as a two-level-node to display the files for each make of camera and subdivided further by the camera model.  I enabled the hierarchical view for all levels, but that did not distinguish a display for the files in each model of camera, only for the camera manufacturer itself.  Is it possible to fix this?   

Mario

Did you expand the data-driven category, all levels?
There is a open bug report which may be related to this. See the bug report board for details.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook