Bought IMatch 5 upgrade, haven't received a download link or license

Started by DavidOfMA, June 14, 2014, 10:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidOfMA

How long should it take between paying for the upgrade (via PayPal) and receiving an email with a download link and license? It's been more than the few minutes the website indicates it should take and I'm wondering if something went awry, because the upgrade system used my PayPal email address rather than the email address I'm  using for the IMatch 5 beta.

Thanks,
David

Mario

share-it sends out confirmation emails immediately. Usually they reach you a few seconds after your purchase.
Check your SPAM filter, junk email folder etc. In most cases the confirmation email does not reach the recipient, the SPAM filter on the recipient's PC or his ISP is the problem.

You can contact share-it customer support any time at http://www.shareit.com/ccc/
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

DavidOfMA

Was able to log in with the email address PayPal used when I bought the software, and then to change the email address to my preferred email address. However, now I can't download the product. I have tried several times and each time get a "Failed - Network error" message.

Thanks,
David

Mario

I worked in the customerWeb yesterday almost all the time (many users figured that they have changed their email addresses but never updated it and I had to do this for them etc.). The licensed version is downloaded automatically once per hour by a tool running on  my PC, and also from a server running in the U.S. to test if things work. If the download fails or is too slow, I'm notified immediately.

The server on which the customerWeb runs is the same as the server powering this community. And it's the same tested environment we used throughout the entire Beta test. Do you have also access problems working with the community or is this only when you download the 80 MB installer?

Currently the server has an average CPU utilization of 3% to 20% and a network utilization of 1%. There should be no problem downloading the file at all.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

DavidOfMA

Hi, Mario. I don't have any problems using the photools community, and I haven't had any problems downloading other large files, including the IMatch trial version and several of the beta versions.

After reading through the thread by other users who are having difficulty with the download, I used FireFox to download it. I had to resume the failed download every few minutes. I think it took me about six resumes to download the whole file, which installed correctly. (I have a slow DSL connection.)

David

sinus

Quote from: DavidOfMA on June 16, 2014, 03:44:18 PM
Hi, Mario. I don't have any problems using the photools community, and I haven't had any problems downloading other large files, including the IMatch trial version and several of the beta versions.

After reading through the thread by other users who are having difficulty with the download, I used FireFox to download it. I had to resume the failed download every few minutes. I think it took me about six resumes to download the whole file, which installed correctly. (I have a slow DSL connection.)

David

Glad to hear, David, that finally it worked.  :)
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus