Too many filies

Started by cthomas, April 07, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthomas

What does this mean? I have search help but I can't find anything. Also I can't find out how to select about 100 (in the results window) files at a time so I can delete them all at one time.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

herman

Hi Carl,

It seems you got a buglet  ;)

The window says where the limit can be adjusted, but the reference is wrong.
The proper place to adjust the limit is in preferences / Geo & Maps.

I attach a screenshot of the relevant help text which explains why there is maximum number of files.

If you want to delete 100 files you have got to select them first.
Click on the first file you want to delete, press and hold <shift>.
Most of the times I then use the arrow keys until I have selected the number of files I want to select.
Up and down arrow keys add or remove an entire row of thumbs to the selection.
The file window tells you how many files you have selected, you will see the counter increment when you add files.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Enjoy!

Herman.

cthomas

Quote from: herman on April 07, 2014, 10:13:48 PM
Hi Carl,

It seems you got a buglet  ;)

The window says where the limit can be adjusted, but the reference is wrong.
The proper place to adjust the limit is in preferences / Geo & Maps.

I attach a screenshot of the relevant help text which explains why there is maximum number of files.

If you want to delete 100 files you have got to select them first.
Click on the first file you want to delete, press and hold <shift>.
Most of the times I then use the arrow keys until I have selected the number of files I want to select.
Up and down arrow keys add or remove an entire row of thumbs to the selection.
The file window tells you how many files you have selected, you will see the counter increment when you add files.

"If you want to delete 100 files you have got to select them first." It seems like you could select a folder and then do a Ctrl+A and that would select all of the files in that folder.
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

I corrected the typo in the dialog.
All else should be clear, right? Attempting to display thousands of files in the Map panel would take very long, which is why IMatch protects you here.
What you have done: You selected more than 500 files while the Geo Panel is open.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

herman

Quote from: cthomas on April 08, 2014, 12:33:14 AMIt seems like you could select a folder and then do a Ctrl+A and that would select all of the files in that folder.

True, but that is not what you asked, is it?
QuoteAlso I can't find out how to select about 100 (in the results window) files at a time [..]

So I told you how you can select about 100 files.
Please be a specific as possible when you ask a question.

Enjoy!

Herman.

Mario

The result window is basically a file window. All standard selection mechanisms (clicking, <Shift>+clicking to select ranges etc. work).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook