Can't launch IMatch

Started by Darius1968, March 21, 2014, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

Just installed the latest version of IMatch, and now the program won't launch.  What to do? 

Mario

What happens when you try to run it?
Nothing?
Screen flash?
Error message?

Which version had you before?

Is IMatch capable of creating a log file? If so, please attach. See How to report bugs for details about the log file.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Darius1968

I solved the problem simply by uninstalling IMatch (5.0.148, and the prior version was 5.0.146), then doing a Windows 7 shut down followed by a reboot. 

IMatch was able to get to the splash screen, but then...NOTHING.  This was after trying to install 5.0.148 over top of 5.0.146, where, for whatever reason, when I ran the 5.0.148 installer, I got a message, saying that a bunch of EXIF programs were running in the background, and would have to be closed out for install to complete or that I'd have to do a restart for the effects to happen.  I chose the option to close out those EXIF programs, but they could not be closed, so I was giving the option to restart or reboot at my convenience.  I chose an on-the-spot restart.  From here, IMatch would not start.  I solved it by doing an uninstall and re-install.