Creator tag - can't find it

Started by stonecherub, February 11, 2014, 01:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stonecherub

I want to use "text export" to make a spreadsheet that contains two tags, filename and Creator, for a thousand scans of old transparencies. I used exiftool to write the scan company's unwieldy file name to a metadata tag called "creator" that I do not otherwise use.

I cannot find "Creator" in the standard tab of the tag selector. I do find NINE Creator: subtags from Tool to Websites but no just plain Creator.

How can I find it? Or should I just write that filename to another tag the does appear on your list?

This is so trivial but it's getting in my way.

joel23

Quote from: stonecherub on February 11, 2014, 01:18:21 AM
I want to use "text export" to make a spreadsheet that contains two tags, filename and Creator, for a thousand scans of old transparencies. I used exiftool to write the scan company's unwieldy file name to a metadata tag called "creator" that I do not otherwise use.

I cannot find "Creator" in the standard tab of the tag selector. I do find NINE Creator: subtags from Tool to Websites but no just plain Creator.

How can I find it? Or should I just write that filename to another tag the does appear on your list?

This is so trivial but it's getting in my way.
Take "Author" from the standard list. Or "search tags" and try "XMP:dc creator" AKA "Dublin core author" {File.MD.XMP::dc\creator\Creator\0} or "XMP:xmp author" {File.MD.XMP::xmp\Author\Author\0}
regards,
Joerg

Mario

Welcome to the wonderful world of metadata  ;)

The dc:Creator is what you are looking for, most likely.

Tip: Use the Copy as Variable command available in the context menu of the metadata panel to copy the clicked tag as a variable into the clipboard. No need to manually search the variable name. From the clipboard just paste it into the Text Export input dialog box.

Tip: The name of the tag is also displayed in the tooltip in the Metadata Panel.

[attachment deleted by admin]
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook