New Sort Profile (Using Metadata - ISO) Didn't Sort properly by ISO

Started by kiwilink, December 20, 2013, 09:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwilink

Can someone take a look at my 2 attachments and tell me what I did wrong?  I created a new Sort profile (By ISO) but it is not sorting them from low to high.
I checked and I don't have any filters on.

Thanks!

Mike

[attachment deleted by admin]

BenAW

I would call the sort profile "ISO" iso "New Sort Profile"  ;D
If you save it under a name, you still have to select it in the list of available sort profiles.
see screenshot.

sinus

Quote from: BenAW on December 20, 2013, 04:31:47 PM
I would call the sort profile "ISO" iso "New Sort Profile"  ;D
If you save it under a name, you still have to select it in the list of available sort profiles.
see screenshot.

Yep, I did exactly that, what Ben writes ... and it works perfectly.
I think too, store and select is the correct thing.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Click on the little arrow button next to the tag name in the right list to toggle the sort order from descending to ascending.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

kiwilink

Sinus/Ben/Mario:

Thanks for the response.  I tried this and it still is not sorting.  I have attached two attachments that show even when I click on the "Reverse Sort Order" it is not sorting by ISO.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for looking!

Mike

P.S.  I noticed in BENAW's attachment he was sorting in a Category.  I am doing this sort under  "Media & Folders" but it didn't matter.  I created a category and then tried to use my "ISO Sort" and got the same result.

BenAW

The example you show IS sorted according to the ascii value of the ISO numbers.
Afaik there is no way to show them in increasing/decreasing value according the ISO numbers.

see screenshot were I created a datadriven category. In the preview all ISO values are shown, correctly sorted according the ISO values.

Mario

Sorry, overlooked this one.

The sorter cannot interpret tag values you select by their data type. It sorts metadata values by the standard string collation (order). To sort your ISO values by their numerical orders the sorter would have to know the data type, then convert the string value to a number and then sort by this number. Or use the RAW value made available for some tags by ExifTool.

I suggest you add a feature request.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

kiwilink

BenAW/Mario:

O.K.  Thank you very much for the reply.  I understand.  I appreciate both of you looking at this!!! 

Michael