How to change image folder location in Anywhere

Started by neal, February 07, 2024, 02:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neal

Mario,
Recently I changed the location of my images to a faster drive. Now Anywhere cannot find them. Where is the settings in Anywhere?
Neal

Mario

Open the database in IMatch and use the Relocate command so IMatch can update the database.
See Off-line Folders and Files
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

neal

I did that, but Anywhere does not recognize that.

Mario

That's very unlikely. Anywhere gets all folder information from the database, it has no own folder memory or anything.
What do you mean by "not find them"?

Did you relocate the correct database? Maybe you use a different database for IMatch Anywhere and IMatch?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

neal

Same DB. Imatch works fine even after relocate from D: to G:, but ANY gives the following info:
Drive/Media off-line: 'D: (BE33-F535)'. Note: drive mappings cannot be used in Windows services. Note: If you run IMatch WebServices under the default 'LocalSystem' user account, it has no access to files and folders on other computers. See IMWS documentation for information about how to solve this.
Feb 7, 2024 7:10:47 PM (drive.unavailable)
Cannot access one or more files in the folder 'D:\ images-imatch2\ HEALTHCARE_EDU\ School of Nursing\ ' ('nursing31.JPG') [Error 3] while creating a cache image. Tip: If this is a drive mapping to a remote server or a NAS, use an UNC path (\ \ server\ share␌older...) instead.
Feb 7, 2024 7:11:17 PM (file.permissions)
Cannot access one or more files in the folder 'D:\ images-imatch2\ AIMS\ Anaesthesiology\ ' ('anaesth3.JPG') [Error 3] while creating a cache image. Tip: If this is a drive mapping to a remote server or a NAS, use an UNC path (\ \ server\ share␌older...) instead.
Feb 7, 2024 7:23:47 PM (file.permissioDrive/Media off-line: 'D: (BE33-F535)'. Note: drive mappings cannot be used in Windows services. Note: If you run IMatch WebServices under the default 'LocalSystem' user account, it has no access to files and folders on other computers. See IMWS documentation for information about how to solve this.
Feb 7, 2024 7:10:47 PM (drive.unavailable)
Cannot access one or more files in the folder 'D:\ images-imatch2\ HEALTHCARE_EDU\ School of Nursing\ ' ('nursing31.JPG') [Error 3] while creating a cache image. Tip: If this is a drive mapping to a remote server or a NAS, use an UNC path (\ \ server\ share␌older...) instead.
Feb 7, 2024 7:11:17 PM (file.permissions)
Cannot access one or more files in the folder 'D:\ images-imatch2\ AIMS\ Anaesthesiology\ ' ('anaesth3.JPG') [Error 3] while creating a cache image. Tip: If this is a drive mapping to a remote server or a NAS, use an UNC path (\ \ server\ share␌older...) instead.
Feb 7, 2024 7:23:47 PM (file.permissions)ns)

neal

Found the problem. I forgot to copy the IM DB to the ANY DB!

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator