Unify Scrollbars

Started by javiavid, October 19, 2023, 04:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

javiavid

Maybe it is already planned for future changes, but it would be good to unify the scrollbars of the program by the ones you are using in People or Events.

They are more discreet and modern.

In reality I think they are rarely used, all mice have a scroll wheel.

Mario

People and Events are IMatch apps, running in an embedded web browser.
The rest of IMatch uses standard Windows scroll bars, which may look differently, depending on the installed Windows version.

QuoteIn reality I think they are rarely used, all mice have a scroll wheel.
IMatch is also used on devices with touch screens and here scrolling by dragging the scroll bar is pretty common, depending on whether the device has also a touch pad or one of those Lenovo stick things.

Scroll bars are also an assistive technology for users with movement restrictions or other disabilities. This is why Windows, Linux, web browsers etc. all have scroll bars, despite the fact that there is a mouse wheel.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

javiavid

Even if they are not the same because it is a different program, would it be possible for the moment to make them more similar?

Narrower and change the white background color.

Mario

Replacing the standard Windows with "owner-draw" scroll bars is a theoretical possibility, but a major PITA and basically a very loud call for incompatibility issues between Windows 10 and 11 and screen resolutions from 1920 to 3840 with DPI settings between 100% and 400% and all that.
There are also different kind of scroll bars for Widows and controls (like list boxes or edit fields) and all that has to be taken into account.

Doable when you have a team of developers or one developer can be assigned to dealing just with a totally owner-drawn user interface. But not something I really would like (or see a need to) spend days or weeks on.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook