A better information about search-results in the panels

Started by sinus, December 14, 2023, 11:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

A minor FR:
I do quite a lot of Database - Searches.
And then IMatch shows the results in different new result windows, see attachement.

They are listed as
Database Search [1]
Database Search [2]

and so on.
I think, it would help more, if there would be at least the start of the searched value. And "Database Search" could be shortend into DB-Search or something like that.
This would give me some help to know what is in each result-panel, like

DB-Search London
DB-Search Brighton ...
DB-Search Cheese O...

A minor one and not that important, but would help a lot, but maybe I am the only one, who does (sometimes) several DB-Searches.

PS: we could maybe even write as a result only "DB: Cheese OR ham"

Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Good idea. Done for the next IMatch release. See release note #2147
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

thrinn

50 minutes to implement a feature request? That's not "agile" anymore - that's "realtime development"!
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

sinus

Quote from: thrinn on December 14, 2023, 01:59:59 PM50 minutes to implement a feature request? That's not "agile" anymore - that's "realtime development"!

Ha! Exactly  :)

Very good and sensationally fast. 
Thanks a lot, awesome. 
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Quote from: thrinn on December 14, 2023, 01:59:59 PM50 minutes to implement a feature request? That's not "agile" anymore - that's "realtime development"!

I'm working on the (hopefully) final release for 2023 (2023.5.2) just now.
It was a looong stretch, since some tools were updated, breaking stable IMatch app builds and tool chains (<swear words>). Life cycles in web development are measured in weeks now and the dependency hell is even bigger than it was in Windows back in the day. I HATE dependencies.

What usually takes ~2 hours took almost 7

Just now the IMatch build completed for the first time. Yay. Dependency hell fixed.
Now come the install and upgrade tests on fresh Windows installations in VMs.

While these tests are running, I start preparing and building 7 (!) versions of IMatch Anywhere for a compatibility update.
There are some changes in the IMatch database and a new ExifTool version, which requires an update of all products.

Since I had to make changes all over the place all day to make the build work, throwing in this comparatively small but neat result window enhancement was quite easy.
Just some code changes, resource changes, some tests, help update, a new screen shot and release note. Barely an inconvenience.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook