Redrawn the interface of the program

Started by javiavid, September 10, 2023, 10:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

javiavid

When I change the size of a window in imatch, there is a delay and repetition of the interface. Is it possible to improve this somehow?
Windows and imatch are newly installed. I have tried with an empty database and the same thing happens.

I attach a video to better understand the error. (I add it as a zip because it doesn't let me upload mp4 and it is recorded at 60fps so that the problem can be appreciated)

My computer:
i9-9900k
RTX 3090
UHD monitor
64GB
Windows 11

Mario

This is as fast as it gets.

In the video, I noticed that your PC, which is a lot more powerful than my PC, resizes the windows extremely slowly, with many in-between repaints. Might be a graphic card issue on your side. Or the mouse driver. Or something else interfering.
Or maybe because all your files are offline and IMatch has to spend waiting for Windows to check the file state while repainting the File Window? Could be. Very strange, though.

On my computer, which is a lot less powerful than yours, I don't see this issue as much.
IMatch repaints a few times, but when I stop resizing the main window, it repaints once and all looks well.
I don't spend to much time resizing the IMatch window, though. I set the size once to match my screen and then kept it that way ever since.

Doing a quick secondary test, I don't even see such sluggish resize / repaint behavior running IMatch on Windows in a virtual machine! And these repaint a lot slower than Windows running on real hardware.

Why do you have to resize the IMatch main window so often that this becomes an issue?
So bad of an issue that you have to open a bug report for this?

You use the Windows Photos app as a reference for doing it better.
Keep in mind that the Windows team consists of several thousand developers, and that they have far more resources to spend on less important things like screen repaint optimization while users drag a window to resize.

I'm all in about optimizing things in IMatch.
But spending some weeks on optimizing screen repaints, replacing 3rd-party components for the UX for something quicker when resizing etc. is not high on my list of priorities.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

javiavid

Thanks for the answer, in reality I don't change the size of imatch often, the problem is that the same thing happens with the internal panels of the application and I do modify this often when I am using imatch to be able to consult more information or see more thumbnails.

I have tried with an empty project and without any programs running in the background. This only happens to me in imatch. I don't have any other cheap or expensive software in which this happens.

I create the post in bugs because I think it is not correct behavior of the program, but if you want to move it to another place there is no problem.

If you look at the new video I attached, it seems that the problem comes from the panel on the right.
I have tried leaving only "favorites" on the right and the same thing still happens