When I "import" an empty folder, the "Importing Metadata" dialog never goes away

Started by GrantRobertson, August 12, 2023, 07:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrantRobertson

IMatch 2023.1.22 (64-bit), Windows 10 Pro, Version 22H2, OS Build 19045.3324

Again, this isn't the most terrible thing in the world. All I have to do is click the "Dismiss" button. Normally, I don't click the "Dismiss" button because I don't bother to do other things while IMatch is grinding away on indexing files. But, I am doing some testing, to clarify exactly how some things work, and I noticed this. So I figured you would want to know.

Now, when I say never, I mean never. I left the thing to sit overnight, and it just never went away. Until I clicked the "Dismiss" button, of course.

I have tried it both with drag and drop and when using "Commands / Add or Update Folders..." the same thing occurs. However, there is a slight difference: When I use the drag and drop method, the empty folder does not show up in the "Media & Folders" list until after I click the "Dismiss" button to make the dialog go away. But, when I use the  " Commands / Add or Update Folders... " dialog, then the empty folder appears in the " Media & Folders" list immediately. But the "Importing Metadata" dialog still hangs around forever.  Until I click the "Dismiss" button.

P.S. I just tested it with a single image in the folder, and the "Importing Metadata" goes away quite quickly, as it should. 

Mario

I shall look into this. Probably not something many users would ever do, since I don't recall this having been reported before.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Mario

This should only happen if you

a) use a fresh (empty) database
b) add an empty folder.

I have resolved this for the next release.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook