IMatch failed to import GPS Data for some newly indexed files

Started by Tveloso, July 29, 2023, 09:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tveloso

Today, when prompted to run a Database Diagnosis, I did so, and the Diagnosis reported 23 instanced of this Warning:

Warning: File [<OIDvalue>] with GPS flag but no GPS lat/lon. Fixed.
When I checked a few of the files, I found that while they indeed did not have any GPS data showing in the Metadata Panel:

...in each case the Files actually did contain what appeared to be proper GPS data (as shown by the ECP).

When I re-loaded Metadata for these Files (Shift+Ctrl+F5, Reload Metadata), the GPS data was then successfully imported:

I did the Reload Metadata for another of these files with Debug Logging on, and will send that log, and the Database Diagnosis Log to the support email.  But the log that would have contained the failure to initially load the GPS data for this file is unfortunately no longer available (it was several IMatch sessions ago).

These files were all indexed under IMatch 2023.1.18 (I will be installing 2023.1.20 shortly).  The next time I Index a new set of files, I'll do so with Debug Logging on, so that if this should happen also under IMatch 2023.1.20, I'll be able to provide the log for the original indexing operation which failed to load the GPS data. 

I'll report back if this happens again.
__PRESENT
--Tony

Mario

Maybe ExifTool did not deliver GPS data, or the data was invalid.
If you experience this with a new set of files, secure the IMatch log file so we can see the ExifTool warning (if there is one).
"After the fact log files"won't help much.

Usually, this just works. ExifTool delivers the GPS coordinates, IMatch imports them.
There is no "processing" on the side of IMatch, except checking for lat/lon and setting the "Has GPS data" flag for the corresponding file.

If we can catch a file where IMatch does not receive GPS data from ExifTool or does not import it for some reason, we have something to work with.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook