Open more than one rawfile with Adobe RAW

Started by Buster, November 23, 2013, 08:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buster

I often have to develop lots of CR2 in one go with Adobe Raw - usually I do it using breezbrowser. If I select a couple of raws in IM5, they were opened one by one in Adobe Raw. This is boring - why aren't they opened all to develop them in batchmode? Or can I edit this in preferences?
---
Best wishes,
Reiner

sinus

Quote from: Buster on November 23, 2013, 08:53:34 PM
I often have to develop lots of CR2 in one go with Adobe Raw - usually I do it using breezbrowser. If I select a couple of raws in IM5, they were opened one by one in Adobe Raw. This is boring - why aren't they opened all to develop them in batchmode? Or can I edit this in preferences?

I don't know.
But open FIRST Photoshop, select all images in IM, and then drag and drop them into PS, and then all are open in RAW together.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

ubacher

Tried this. No problem on my system. PS CS6 64bit.
All files open in PS ACR together no matter how I get them into PS.

Mario

That's exactly how I work. I select a set of RAW files in IMatch 5 and then drag them to the CS window. CS opens all files in batch more in the RAW development module.

Works likewise in LR, although LR. Drag files from IMatch 5 to the Library module in LR. As long as all dropped files are from the same folder, LR can cope.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

cytochrome

I find the drag and drop of files especially powerful in the case of categories.

If I select for example cat" Lizards", I get a mixture of images taken with two Nikon, a Panasonic, a Fuji, a Minolta. They are of course in different folders and sub-folders. When I drag them  to ASP and launch a batch develop the derived JPG/TIF are neatly located in the corresponding sub-folders. Flexible and saves a lot of time and possible errors.

Francis