Note on hidden annotations

Started by frankdarwin, April 28, 2022, 10:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankdarwin

When I open the viewer I am never sure if annotations are displayed or not.
Sometimes I switch off the display of the annotations with "AE" to have a better overview of the photos.
If I then leave the viewer without re-enabling the display of the annotations and then also quit IMatch to continue working days later, the viewer is displayed with the last settings. So without the display of the annotations, if I have turned them off before.

Then I do not know at first glance whether a photo has annotations or not. Yes, I can use the key combination "AE" on suspicion to determine this. But this does not help if the current photo has no annotations.

Is it possible to start the viewer always with visible annotations or to show a hint in the viewer that the annotations are currently not displayed?

Mario

QuoteIs it possible to start the viewer always with visible annotations or to show a hint in the viewer that the annotations are currently not displayed?

No. Don't make things so complicated,
If you don't know if you have disabled annotations, just check the state of the buttons in the Annotation panel toolbar.
This shows you the general state, and whether or not you have enabled individual layers in a file.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook