Export Photos to Folder

Started by Josebr, December 14, 2021, 06:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josebr

I don't know what you would call it, but is there a way to select a category and then have the resulting photo be saved to a folder. I am not talking about moving the photos. I will soon have all the photos of my grandson categorized and I wish to select them and then put copies of them (a few thousands) into a folder so that I can then burn the photos to some kind of media and present it to my daughter and son in law. I am the photo person in the family. So I have tons of photos of my grandson. 

1. Is there such a process
2.  What do you call it (how do I do this).

Mario

This is very simple to do:

A) If you want to new folder to be part of your IMatch database:

1. Create a new folder in IMatch (in the Media & Folders View)
2. Switch to the Category View, select the category and select all files in the File Window with <Ctrl>+<A> and copy them with <Ctrl>+<C> into the clipboard
3. Switch back to the folder, click into the File Window and press <Ctrl> + <V>

B) If you don't want the folder to become part of your IMatch database (using this folder only for distribution / burning purposes):

1. Create a new folder in Windows Explorer.
2. Switch to the Category View, select the category and select all files in the File Window with <Ctrl>+<A> and copy them with <Ctrl>+<C> into the clipboard
3. Switch back to Windows Explorer and press <Ctrl> + <V>

See File Management in IMatch for more info.

If you need this often and you want to automate it, I suggest you consider using the Batch Processor.
It has an option to copy the original file unmodified and you still have all the powerful tools for automatic folder creating, output file naming etc.
See Export Original File Unmodified in the Batch Processor help for more info.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ubacher

This should be Ctrl-A followed by Ctrl-C I suppose. (The usual windows copy command)

Mario

Quote from: ubacher on December 14, 2021, 07:49:59 PM
This should be Ctrl-A followed by Ctrl-C I suppose. (The usual windows copy command)
Correct. This was lost in editing and browser window switching... ;D :-[
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook