IMatch continuously updating same folder

Started by Aubrey, October 11, 2021, 08:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey

IMatch continuously updates a folder in which I am working. I'm unable to scroll through folder, as IMatch keeps bringing me back to a selected image.

Prior to this happening I had been working in DXO and saved an image as a DNG file.

The log file is attached (not sure if its of use as not in debug mode)

The solution is to close IMatch and reopen. I've had this problem before but thought it was just a one-off gremlin (a mischievous folkloric creature!)

The message that gets repeated is:
10.11 09:41:28+42906 [2A14] 00  M>  >  1 CIMRelationManager::UpdateVerbCache  'V:\develop\IMatch5\src\IMEngine\IMRelationManager.cpp(651)'
10.11 09:41:28+   16 [2A14] 00  M>  <  1 [16ms] CIMRelationManager::UpdateVerbCache

Mario

1. One of your auto-relocation settings is wrong. IMatch reports

Relocation source E:\processed images not found in database.

Check Edit > Preferences > Database > Portability Options.

2. One of your favorites links to a non-existing application:

C:\Users\IFS\Desktop\Photography\Adobe Lightroom Classic.lnk

3. I see maybe a dozen warnings from ExifTool about invalid GPS timestamps in some files (search for W> in the log to find the names).
So IMatch was ingesting metadata at that time.

I see another warning: Error reading binary data from file - H:\Processed Images\2021\2110 Oct\AOC_D500_211010_16353_DxO.dng
so ExifTool had problems accessing (?) or reading metadata in that file. The will have been marked with the yellow indicator and removed from the queue.
Or, maybe, DxO kept it locked? Or there was some other issue?

4. ExifTool reported: C:/USERS/IFS/APPDATA/LOCAL/TEMP/IMTC6E30F90-69B1-4B35-A891-73D53BF12E24.XMP

which means that it could not read a temporary file it has created (or should have). Not sure where this comes from. Virus checker perhaps?

The UpdateVerbCache entry just means that the ReleationManager in IMatch has updated its cache. This is a frequent operation when files are added, updated or removed.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Aubrey

Many thanks for the tips. I'll work these points through.

Quote from: Mario on October 11, 2021, 08:58:21 AM
3. I see maybe a dozen warnings from ExifTool about invalid GPS timestamps in some files (search for W> in the log to find the names).
So IMatch was ingesting metadata at that time.

I had seen these, the GPS is coming from mapy.cz (excellent offline maps contours etc. Great for planning hikes). It looks like they export gpx data date in the form "2021-10-10T09:35:06Z" Not the format that IMatch likes, however IMatch manages to read it correctly.

Quote from: Mario on October 11, 2021, 08:58:21 AM

I see another warning: Error reading binary data from file - H:\Processed Images\2021\2110 Oct\AOC_D500_211010_16353_DxO.dng
so ExifTool had problems accessing (?) or reading metadata in that file. The will have been marked with the yellow indicator and removed from the queue.
Or, maybe, DxO kept it locked? Or there was some other issue?

4. ExifTool reported: C:/USERS/IFS/APPDATA/LOCAL/TEMP/IMTC6E30F90-69B1-4B35-A891-73D53BF12E24.XMP

All are possibly related to DXO. Perhaps it had not finished writing. I'll check if it happens again by closing DXO package.

Aubrey.

Mario

QuoteNot the format that IMatch likes, however IMatch manages to read it correctly.

ExifTool is just putting out a warning that the format used in your files is not the correct format as required by EXIF/GPS.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook