quick jump to a picture or folder

Started by hannes_hab, October 04, 2021, 11:46:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hannes_hab

I thought folder favorites ist the right tool to quickly jump to a folder - but it seems to be a tool to copy pictures.
Instead of going to the folder I often copied files that I did not want to copy.

thrinn

Clicking on a Folder Favorite copies the selected file(s) there. The tooltip makes this clear. Using the context menu, you can also jump to the folder. This is explained in the help on Folder Favorites.

Another option is to use the Bookmarks section of the Media & Folders view (at the bottom, yellow star). This can also be used to jump to specific folders.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

hannes_hab

thank you thrinn - bookmarks - this is what I need.
But is there a way to rename or sign (color) to see whats there - I have to bookmarks with name 07 how do I know which is the right one?

Mario

The bookmark uses the same name as the folder. If you have many folders with the same name, this won't work for you.
Typically users use date-based folder names like 2021-10-04 or similar, so this is not a problem.

If this is a problem because of how you name folders, use Favorites instead. Each folder favorite has a go to folder command in the context menu.
Don't just click the folder favorites because this will copy or move files (that's the main purpose of folder favorites). See Favorites
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook